1970. This is a view of the library (white roof behind the road) and the main building (white roof on the right) from the dormitory in the lot. A person is carrying a carapace of giant tortoise on the right. A photograph taken in 1981 (858) showed the same arrangement except a new building was built in 1985 behind the main building, replacing one which burned down in (see 863).
1970. The giant tortoise breeding center, where artificially hatched young tortoises are reared. The building was not present in 1964, when the inauguration of the Station took place, and was built after the inauguration. The inside of the building is shown in 1061 and 1062.
1998. The Charles Darwin Research Station as viewed from the sea. The marine biology laboratory with white walls is on the right; the dining room with white roof is at the center; the building with white walls on the right is another marine biology laboratory; and the central administration ward with gray roof is on the left.